Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Sunday Senior Shoot

I shot some high-school senior photos for Alex on Sunday evening.  Here is one of the photos that demonstrates the type of lighting I was going for...


50mm f2.0  1/200th.  ISO 100

     I used one speedlight, with a reflective umbrella, and a large silver reflector.  We also had some warm directional sunlight from behind Alex to provide the hair light.  The umbrella is to my left, slightly above Alex's head, angled down.  I placed a large silver reflector on the ground, leaning against the bottom of the light stand.  I was attempting to mimic the clam-shell lighting technique used by studios when shooting glamour photography.  If you look closely at the catchlights in the eyes you can see the double reflections from the over-under lighting.  It's a pretty simple lighting setup that provides great results for lighting female subjects.  



Tim


photo jabber blog by tim wyler
basic tips for new dslr photographers
better family photos
senior photography tips
     

No comments:

Post a Comment